Medical Care at Urgent Care Settings Is Affordable, Reliable, and Convenient
This is not the weekend to have to spend time in bed trying to feel better. The fact that your teenage daughter just came home from school with a sore throat and a fever means that you are going to immediately take her to the closest walk in urgent care and see if you can get her diagnosed before the weekend begins. With a house full of company coming for a weekend of holiday baking, you are hoping that with a possible antibiotic and a good night’s rest your daughter will wake up tomorrow morning ready to participate in the festivities.
If it were not such an important weekend, you might be willing to let the illness takes its course, but you are hoping that with a little intervention the weekend will not be a waste and your daughter will also be ready for the last two weeks of the semester.
Walk In Urgent Care Centers Provide a Variety of Services
From x-ray services to flu shots, walk in urgent care locations provide affordable, convenient and reliable care. Knowing that you can walk in to see a physician without an appointment means that you do not have to wait until Monday morning and through a long weekend to make sure that you get the care that you need. Finding a close walk in clinic often means that you can get the care that you need and be back home in time for an evening dinner and a good night’s rest. Hospital emergency room visits, on the other hand, can be both expensive and time consuming. Urgent care offices often provide a full range of services offered by qualified medical professionals.
Consider some of these facts and figures about today’s urgent care offerings and the impact that they have on the nation’s economy:
- 57% of patients wait 15 minutes or less to be seen, and about 80% of all visits are 60 minutes or less.
- More than 66% of urgent care centers are open before 9:00 am during the week, with increasing numbers are also open before 9:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays In fact, 45.7% open that early on Saturday and 31.1% on Sunday.
- 90.6% of urgent care centers remain open until 7:00 pm or later on weeknights, with 40% remaining open until 9:00 pm or later.
- 21.7% of urgent care centers have more than 450 patient visits a week.
- 50% of the urgent care centers in American are owned by a physician, or a group of physicians.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
There is never really a good time to be ill, but knowing that you have a close urgent care office available can help you find the affordable and reliable care that you need.