Five Tips Men Can Use To Keep Their Skin Clean And Healthy
Do you find yourself rushing through your hygiene routine in the morning? Do you let your facial hair go for a few days or weeks before shaving? Is your skin looking unhealthy?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you may need to reboot your daily routine. There are plenty of products for men to establish hygiene routines. The U.S. market for men’s shaving goods is expected to grow 10 percent to $3.37 billion by 2020 and by 2024, the global male grooming market is estimated to grow to about $29.14 billion.
If you’re in need of a change to your morning routine, it’s important to identify what type of skin you have and generally there are five types:
- Normal skin: is clear and usually not sensitive.
- Sensitive skin: usually burns or stings if you use products.
- Dry skin: is usually itchy, flaky and rough.
- Oily skin: is usually shiny and greasy.
- Combination skin is both dry and oily depending on the area.
With that established, here are some helpful tips to improve your daily hygiene regimen.
- Wash up: Using a mens exfoliating face wash seems like a relatively easy thing to do, but chances are you’re not using it at all or using it wrong. Rather than using a daily cleanser or a daily face wash that less harsh on your face, you might opt for hot showers and soap. It might be a quick way to get clean, but it ultimately leaves your skin dry.
Using a daily face wash will cleanse the skin and eliminate dirt and oil from your skin. Taking a few minutes to use a daily face wash will leave your skin looking cleaner and healthier.
- Get good razors: It’s no secret that razors and replacement razor blades cost money. But if you want healthier skin, it might not hurt to invest in a quality razor. Depending on what you get, a razor can last a lifetime and all you might need to buy is replacement blades. Whether you opt for a name-brand safety razor, a straight razor or something else, get something that fits will with the sensitivity of your skin and the coarseness of your beard.
There are a number of ways to get your face silky smooth if you’re shaving. Try shaving in the shower or using a moisturizing shave gel or shaving cream can help too.
- Use after shave: As previously mentioned, it’s important to keep your face hydrated and moisturized. With that in mind, it’s important to use after shave. A good after shave for men keeps your skin hydrated and seals it to keep out dirt and oil. If possible, try to avoid after shave for men with alcohol in it as it tends to dry out skin. An online search of after shave for men can help you find the right after shave that works with your type of skin.
- Moisturize: There’s nothing wrong with having facial hair. In fact, 39 percent of U.S. men have facial hair; up 15 percent from five years ago. Additionally, the number of men who don’t shave at all is up across all age groups and now is at 20 percent. Whether you have facial hair or not, one good rule of thumb is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. If you’ve got a beard, considering using beard oil or a beard tools kit to keep it clean and tidy.
Moisturizing your skin every day softens your skin and makes it silky smooth. If you want the ladies’ attention, it’s not a bad idea to moisturize every day. Use a scentless product if you’re not up for smelling like a particularly fragrance.
- Wear sunscreen: Applying sunscreen is often thought of as a summer-only practice, but applying it more frequently can protect skin too. It helps prevent sun damage, which can lead to skin cancer, age spots and wrinkles. If you’re looking for a sunscreen to use, try to find one that’s waterproof, broad spectrum and with an SPF of 30 or higher.
There’s no one hygiene regimen that’s guaranteed to work, but finding a daily face wash and keeping your skin clear and hydrated with moisturizer, sunscreen and after shave for men will have your skin looking much cleaner and healthier.