Are You Looking for Immediate Health Care?
In hindsight, you made the wrong decision.
When you woke this morning you were alarmed when you saw your eye. It was clear that you had pink eye. And while you should have called for an appointment yesterday afternoon, you did not. Blaming the redness and itchy eyes
on either allergies or the fact that you had used a new mascara, you wishfully ignored the earliest symptoms. The fact that you have not had conjunctivitis in years, also, convinced you that you likely were not suffering of those childhood disease.
Now, you have a real problem. You have to cancel the substitute teaching job that you were scheduled for today, and you need to find a way to get immediate care. Although you realize that adult pink eye is not often treated with the antibiotics, you also know that the fact that you are a substitute teacher puts you into a different category. Most doctors will write a prescription for a teacher to avoid further cases, but you need to find a doctor now. With a house full of company arriving at your home tomorrow morning, if you can get to a doctor immediately you can start eye drops right away. You are hopeful that an immediate prescription will alleviate the problem and you will be ready to be a host 24 hours from now.
Although you avoided getting the care that you needed yesterday afternoon, you are not willing to wait for your family medicine doctor’s office to open two hours from now. Instead, you made the decision to seek immediate care at the walk-in urgent care clinic that is located in the closest grocery store. The early morning appointment could not recapture the hours you lost by not going in yesterday, but the diagnosis and prescription got you on a fast track to the eye drops that you needed. By 8:00 am you had already taken the first dose and were ready to start the rest of your day.
Walk-In Urgent Care Settings Provide Convenient, Affordable, and Quality Care
Family physicians and hospital emergency rooms are not always the best option for all health care needs. Although many Americans prefer to get the health care they need from their family physicians, those offices do not always offer the most convenient hours. And while the local hospital emergency room may have qualified physicians, those visits can be very expensive and very time consuming. An affordable urgent care, on the other hand, can provide convenient walk-in urgent care appointment times and a qualified doctor who treats injury and illness, and all other kinds of medical issues.
Consider some of these statistics about the state of healthcare needs and available options:
- Hou you select the health care treatments that you need can determine how much you will have to pay for those services.
- Emergency rooms in hospitals across the country are some of the most expensive available options.
- A physician, or a group of physicians, owns approximately 50% of urgent care centers.
- Local urgent cares, sometimes conveniently located in neighborhood grocery stores, offer more affordable care in a wide variety of convenient settings and with a wide range of available hours.
- The decision to go to a walk-in urgent care can result in a quick diagnosis and an immediate prescription if it is needed.
- Health care coverage is available to more people than ever before because of the Affordable Care Act.
- You can get immediate care without long waits in hospital ER locations.
- Statistics show that emergency room visits now number approximately 110 million a year.
- One result of all of the people who now have health care, American will likely need almost 52,000 more primary care physicians by the year 2025 according to a team of researchers who published the article Projecting U.S. PrimaryCare Physician Workforce Needs: 2010-2025.
- Local clinics are sometimes attached to pharmacy locations.
- Unless you make the right decision, you can end up spending more than you need for even the smallest medical issue.
- There are approximately 9,300 walk-in, stand-alone urgent care centers in America. and an additional 50 to 100 new clinics open every year.
- In the best in health care services patients find fast solutions.
- One of every three medical situations can be handled in a health clinic.
- Nearly all urgent cares are open seven days a week.
- Some medical problems are simple to solve.